As a sole trader, Maddie’s Companion Care is not required to have a Data Protection Officer (DPO). However, as data protection is so vital to Maddie’s Companion Care, a DPO has been voluntarily allocated as Miss Madeleine Ward, owner of Maddie’s Companion Care. For any information on privacy procedures, security or general data queries, please contact . Maddie’s Companion Care is also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, details found at the end of this Policy.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
· questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address and phone number(s)
· your home address where the pet services are to take place
· any personal information relevant for Maddie’s Companion Care to carry out their services (for example your family member’s names, personal property matters etc.) Any third party details that are provided to Maddie’s Companion Care must have given permission for their information to be provided and held by Maddie’s Companion Care.
· details of which version of web browser you used from google analytics
· information on how you use the site, using cookies and google analytics
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use the website URL:
Google Analytics stores information about:
· the pages you visit
· how long you spend on each page
· how you got to the site
· what you click on while you were visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are, it is purely for website analytic purposes to help Maddie’s Companion Care improve their website content.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
· make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
· make improvements based on the statistics received
We also collect your data in order to:
· gather feedback to improve our services
· respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to respond
· send email responses or call backs used on the data capture forms on:
The legal basis for processing all personal data captured is that it’s necessary to perform a task in the interest of the visitor.
What we do with your data
As a sole trader, any data that Maddie’s Companion Care capture will only be held by Maddie’s Companion Care and not shared, sold or rented to any third parties.
The only event by which your data may be shared is upon your request (for example if you have asked Maddie’s Companion Care to instruct third parties such as a vet on your behalf) or if we are required to do so by law (for example to instruct bailiffs upon non-payment of invoices or money laundering purposes).
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
· it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
· the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you advise us to remove this from our records. We will keep your feedback data unless you advise us to remove this from our records. Any feedback provided to Maddie’s Companion Care may be used on the website for promotional purposes for no duration end or until another client has provided their feedback. Maddie’s Companion Care will agree with you in writing you are happy for your name and Company name to be placed on the website prior to publishing live on the following URL:
Where your data is processed and stored
Once your data is received to Maddie’s Companion Care by email, telephone or via the website mentioned above, Maddie’s Companion Care will store this data to enable us to contact you to supply you with services if they are required. If Maddie’s Companion Care has not worked with you for a period of time, typically 12 months, your data will be removed from our records permanently. If you require Maddie’s Companion Care again after this 12 month period, you will be required to contact Maddie’s Companion Care to start the data capture process again.
All personal data is stored in a locked cabinet and is inaccessible without a secure key that only Maddie’s Companion Care hold. This also cannot be accessed without the secure passcode. Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
At Maddie’s Companion Care we are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using locked equipment.
At any time you have the right to request:
· information about how your personal data is processed
· a copy of that personal data held by Maddie’s Companion Care
· that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately and confirmation that this has been updated
You can also:
· raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
· request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a requirement for Maddie’s Companion Care to hold it
· ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer as per page 1 of this policy.
Changes to this Policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, held or secured, Maddie’s Companion Care will take reasonable steps to advise you as soon as possible to ensure you are aware of how your data is being handled by us.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact Maddie’s Companion Care if you:
· think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Maddie’s Companion Care – DPO Miss Madeleine (Maddie) Ward
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, who is an independent regulator of which Maddie’s Companion Care are registered.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Last updated 18th May 2019.